Friday, October 14, 2011

Fruit Dip Recipe Made Dessert

Fruit Dip made Dessert!

I decided to make a snack for myself today. I wanted fruit and so I looked up a fruit dip on Allrecipes.com. I found one that was super simple, and as luck had it, I already had the ingredients for it!

Pretty much it's just equal parts cream cheese and marshmallow cream mixed together. It tastes like cheese cake and it's awesome!


The actual recipe is here.

Okay, so obviously I didn't want to make enough to feed a whole party of people. I just took about two tablespoons of each and mixed them together. Then I sliced up some fruit and had myself a snack.

It occurred to me that it would be good on a cookie. I had lemon snaps from Sprouts so I grabbed some and dipped them in. Sprouts lemon snaps taste awesome but they are pretty hard. The taste was good but they were hard to chew.

Still, I wanted to go a step farther and this is what happened:




Okay. These were really good. I'd probably use a Nilla Wafer next time for a softer cookie, but that's the only change I would make. I did one with a small basil leaf and one without. It was better with the basil (strawberries and basil, Oh My!).

So, great and easy snacks that look gourmet. Awesome right?

Next time, I want to try to make mini graham cracker pie crusts and use the dip as a filling and top with fruit. Heaven!

Even Calico liked it and she's picky! =)



For more recipe ideas check out some of my other posts:

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm. this looks SO good, I will have to try it soon! I'm glad our masters degrees are serving us so well :) now we can blog all the time! miss you friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Friend! Hope your trip is going well! Miss you too =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the comment! :) This dip looks DELICIOUS... and I really, really want those fresh blueberries! :)

    -Helen @ Bettencourt Chase

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blueberries are the best! Thanks for stopping by! =)

    ReplyDelete