Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Peppermint Hot Cocoa


This wonderful warm drink would be great served on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning. It's rich chocolate flavor is balanced perfectly with the freshness of peppermint. I made a cup for myself today and absolutely loved it. Plus, it's easy to make and on;y takes a few ingredients!



I found the original recipe here but have tweaked it to my liking.

Peppermint Hot Cocoa
Servings: 4 (about 1 cup hot cocoa each)
Time to prepare: 1-2 mins Time to cook: 5 mins

Ingredients:
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3-4 ounces dark chocolate (I used chocolate melties)
- 8 candy canes (4 crushed, 4 whole)
- toppings of choice (marshmallows, whipped cream, sprinkles, etc.)

Directions:

1. Pour milk into a medium saucepan. Heat until milk is hot but not boiling. Add chocolate and crushed candy canes. Whisk until thoroughly mixed and candy canes and chocolate have completely melted.

2. Pour into mugs. Top with favorite toppings (I used mini marshmallows) and stick candy can in each mug. Serve immediately. Candy canes can be stirred to add more mint flavor to drink.

4 comments: